Relationships as a Spiritual Practice for Healing
In this unfiltered episode of Can’t Be Contained, we’re diving deep into the healing waters of relationships. I’m not gonna sugarcoat things or tiptoe around the hard truths. Relationships can be a freaking mess, but guess what? They’re also one of the most powerful spiritual practices you can undertake.
I’m gonna pull back the curtain on sisterhood wounds, the power and necessity of conflict, and the imperative need to drop toxicity like it’s hot.
Buckle up, because we’re about to confront the self-work needed to build a thriving relationship, the phenomenon of “looping” in healing relationships, and the courageous conversation needed to heal even the most strained dynamics.
In this episode, I cover:
- Why relationships are a spiritual practice
- Where my sisterhood wounds stemmed from in high school
- Why it’s good to have conflict in relationships
- How to navigate conflict in a respectful and loving way
- How to use discernment & boundaries when a person is genuinely toxic
- What we need to work on if we want a relationship to thrive
- The dark side of “healing relationships” with other spiritual people
- How to recognize “looping” when processing childhood trauma
- How I healed a relationship with a team member (including the text I sent afterward)
- A simple Brene Brown practice to start courageous conversations
This is real, raw, and unfiltered – it’s about to get uncomfortably honest. Are you ready? Then let’s dive in.
About the host, Samantha Skelly
Samantha Skelly is a breathwork pioneer, serial entrepreneur, and #1 Best Selling Author who has spent the last decade revolutionizing the personal and spiritual development industries. She founded one of the largest breathwork companies worldwide. Pause Breathwork has a mission to help 1,000,000 people worldwide tap into their infinite potential using breathwork. It has grown into a multi-million dollar wellness company that has certified nearly 1,500 people in 27 countries, and thousands more use the Pause Breathwork Mobile App every day. She’s also a passionate speaker who has shared her message on over 400 stages, appearing on networks and in publications worldwide.