Surrendering the Mind: Unlocking the Wisdom of the Body With Krista Williams
In this episode, Krista Williams, the cofounder and cohost of the Almost 30 podcast, and I dive deep into the complexities of the human experience, and the importance of self-awareness.
Get ready for an exhilarating ride into the mysterious world of the supernatural, spirituality, and just straight-up being human. We’ll dig deep into experiences that words just can’t do justice to, and see how this language dependence could be cramping our style.
Ever heard of somatic experiencing? It’s a fantastic method to release stuck energy – we’ll chat about it’s benefits and give some examples. You’ll also hear all about Krista’s life-changing journey post-divorce and her unique path towards self-discovery.
You know how we sometimes feel things without needing to put them into words? We’ll dive into why this is so therapeutic and how our bodies and intuition are actually natural healers. And we’ll chat about how too much spiritual knowledge can box us in.
Krista will share her personal struggle with body anxiety, how she healed herself post-divorce, and the important role of healing the body when stepping into motherhood. We’ll also talk about how feeling bad about our bodies can ruin our ability to be present and affect our relationships.
Ever felt like you’re on an emotional rollercoaster or your nervous system is all over the place? We’ve got some useful tips for you, including a technique called ‘the witness’ to guide you through healing pain.
And guess what? We’ll stress the importance of having fun and playing to activate your higher self – who said healing had to be all serious, right? We’ll also discuss the timing of transitions in relationships and why forcing depth doesn’t really work.
We’ve got a ton of hot topics to chat about: women, body image, motherhood, scarcity mindset, competition, sisterhood wounds – you name it. We’ll even touch upon witch work, a collective healing approach that appreciates everyone’s unique abilities.
Lastly, we’ll delve into the role of pleasure and pain in spiritual healing and learn from Krista’s experience in a darkness retreat. She’ll also share how having honest conversations with God can take your spiritual journey to the next level.
So, grab your favorite cuppa and join us for an insightful chat that’ll guide you on a transformative journey towards self-awareness, healing, and spiritual growth. Can’t wait for you to tune in!
Here is what you can expect from this episode with Krista and I:
- Discover what happens when we grapple with experiences beyond linguistic comprehension.
- Understand why using words to make sense of everything can limit our perception.
- Learn how somatic experiencing can help us purge the body’s density.
- Uncover effective strategies to release stuck energy in the body.
- Hear Krista’s transformative post-divorce journey and her unique approach to align with her truth.
- Explore the therapeutic benefits of feeling without verbalizing.
- Delve into the natural healing wisdom of our bodies and intuition at a cellular level.
- Realize how an overload of spiritual knowledge can entrap you within your mind.
- Discuss how spirituality can morph into ego, hindering genuine connection and self-expression.
- Reflect on the overemphasis on intellect in education and its impact on humanity.
- Understand the need to strengthen our intuitive and somatic healing capacities.
- Listen to Krista’s womb healing experience.
- Learn from Krista’s sensitivity challenges of being an empath and her coping mechanisms.
- Look at societal messages about female body image, particularly weight-related issues.
- Our journeys to mend our relationship with food and our bodies.
- How Krista needed to heal her relationship to her body in the transition to motherhood.
- Hear Krista’s personal account of body anxiety and her healing process post-divorce.
- Recognize how body dissatisfaction affects presence and relationships.
- Learn about internal family systems work for managing a wobbly nervous system or unpredictable feelings.
- Discover how ‘the witness’ can guide us in healing pain and understanding different parts of ourselves.
- Embrace the importance of play and fun in activating your higher self.
- Trust the timing of transitions in your relationships.
- Understand why forcing depth in relationships is counterproductive.
- Delve into discussions about women, body image, motherhood, scarcity mindset, competition, and the sisterhood wound.
- Explore witch work – a collaborative healing approach that values everyone’s unique gifts.
- Learn about spiritual and energetic hygiene and the pitfalls of spiritual ego.
- Realize when your spiritual practice serves you and when it doesn’t.
- Understand the role of pleasure and pain in spiritual healing.
- Hear Krista’s enlightening experience of a darkness retreat and her insights on learning through pain.
- Discover how honest conversations with God can enhance your spiritual journey.
- Learn to respect others’ soul paths and cultivate compassion for our shared human experience.
- Uncover a powerful exercise called the “do-over” to release energy around mistakes.
- Understand the importance and benefits of clearing conversations and courageous dialogues.
- Learn how to manage active parts of yourself and handle unsolicited advice when sharing your pain.
- And SO much more!
About Krista Williams
Krista is the cofounder and cohost of Almost 30, a top 50 podcast, global brand, and loving community created to raise the collective consciousness. She is also the creator of the best-selling Life Edit Course, and new Modern Tarot Decks.
The Almost 30 Podcast has reached #1 on the Health + Wellness Charts, #1 on the Spirituality Charts, #1 on the Education Charts and top 25 overall podcasts in the world. They reach millions of listeners each month, and have created a community of authentic individuals dedicated to personal growth. They cover topics such as spirituality, wellness, career, relationships and personal development.
In addition to podcasts, Krista and her cohost Lindsey Simcik host inspiring and impactful events. They’ve built an empire on authenticity and seek to inspire people with a mix of humor and insightful ah ha! moments through interviews with leaders from various industries.
They have a thriving community which connects in our membership, as well as courses and programs to support those seeking to grow and become more of who they are.
They recently launched a new podcast under our umbrella called Morning Microdose. It’s under 10 minutes, with new episodes daily. It reached #9 on the charts in the first week. Their listeners say it’s inspiring, actionable, hilarious or transformative. Morning Microdose is the best of the best from Almost 30 – the most impactful parts of those life changing moments and conversations from over 600 episodes and hundreds and millions of downloads.